Friday, May 30, 2008

Orchid in the House

I received this beautiful orchid as a present over the weekend. I was happy to get it of course, but I am very intimidated by it. I am not that great with indoor plants, let alone an orchid. I am going to do a little research on basically how to keep it alive while in my care. It is just too pretty to let anything happen to it. I love the white on white of this picture. It is a southern exposure window, so there will be lots of natural light. I do think it looks pretty where it is right now. I hope I can keep it looking like this. Wish me luck.






5 comments:

Lavinia said...

I've given you an award; you are one of the 5 blogs that make my day! Pop over to the birdbath and see what its all about...

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That orchid is beautiful! I love them. I wish I could help with tips on orchids, but I don't know how to make them re-bloom after they stop...
Penny

BittersweetPunkin said...

I've never had an orchid...I hope they are easy to care for!! It's very pretty!
Hugs,
Robin

steviewren said...

I'm no help either, but it sure is pretty.

steviewren said...

Denise, I would love to be the first person to trade cards with you. We could each make 2 or 3 cards and mail them to each other.

If you are interested in trading with lots of other people I wiil give you the internet addys of some trading groups you might like to join.