Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Where have all the flowers Gone?

Don't you just love a before and after? I was looking at some of my older pictures and I noticed this one. I was just so eager back in April to get some color on my deck that I think I created a monster. They are all perennials in the barrell except for the purple pansies. All I have done, up until now is just water them. I took the after picture yesterday. I am going to have to remove a few of the perennials, you just can't see them anymore. I must say the second picture does make the plants look overgrown, but in real life they look much better. I so under estimated how tall that back plant would get! Now I just have to find the right place to replant the perennials.








7 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Wow..they really took right off didn't they??

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Hey Denise - I actually like the "wild" look - looks very natural. I have to say, I have this problem also - we all want that instant gratification and it is easy to over plant. It comes back to bite us later - oh well, enjoy them wherever their new home may be. Blessings to ya. Cathy

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love the over grown look! You must have great soil...
Penny

Painted Pink Pot said...

They grew so fast and look so pretty. Mine haven;t grown much yet!!!

Stacy

steviewren said...

Gosh, your barrel really is packed full of flowers. I always want my pots to look full like that. Mid-summer everything looks tall and rangy in mine.

Donna Lynn said...

I have done this in my big garden, I love to see bunches of color! Now some of my smaller things are lost inside my other taller plants...will have to post a picture soon, it is getting huge!

Hope you are having a lovely week!
DL

Lavinia said...

Both before and after are beautiful! What a treasure you have there, and enough to spread around the garden....