Thursday, June 5, 2008

Artist Trading Cards

Does everyone know about Artist Trading Cards but me? They are individual art miniatures which pass hand to hand, from artist to artist. At least that is how Wikipedia defines them. The card measures 2.5" x 3.5" the same size as a baseball card. ATCs are usually made on a base of card stock. But other materials such as wood, leather, canvas and water color paper can also be used for the base. The artwork can be done in any media water color, rubber stamps, collage and colored pencils, basically the sky is the limit. The fun part is ATCs are meant to be traded and not sold. Trading the cards can be done in person but trading is also done by mail and Internet.



I am not sure how much trading I will do, but I already have a trading partner. I am having a lot of fun making ATCs. Right now I have made all of my cards from paper, because paper is what I know. I am going to try to paint and maybe rubber stamp some cards, but for now it is paper. The cards below are a few of what I have made so far. The cards in this book are so creative, mine are quite basic but I have to start somewhere. There will NOT be a quiz on this later.


















4 comments:

Lorraine said...

I love the cards.I would love to trade with you ,I donot know if they will be as nice as yours,but I will try.I will add some bling..Have a nice day.

Sugarplum Cottage said...

I can tell you've added your special touch. The little dress is darlin', wanted to also let you know I'm giving you an award. Hugs, RoseMarie

Painted Pink Pot said...

Love, Love, Love them. Very talented miss..... I will have to make some so we can trade. It's a great way to have cards on hand for a gift.

Lavinia said...

I don't understand this .....are these greeting cards? I've never heard of this phenomenon ...