Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Basil Basil Basil Basil

I planted basil for the first time last year, it was such a success that I bought more last week. Most of the basil was planted in a large container, but I had a couple of plants leftover so I put some in this clay pot. That just wasn't enough so I tied a piece of red gingham fabric around the top and popped this basil sign in the dirt. We make a lot of grilled pizzas in the summer and I love fresh basil on mine. I really enjoy going outside and picking a few pieces of basil instead of going to the market and paying $3.oo a bunch. I really liked how the pot came out, so I went to Jo Ann's and bought a few more signs, they were 1/2 off $1.99 For about $10.00 I made three more. I think they will make nice gifts. I know my Mom will just love one.















9 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love the pots,and yes they will make nice gifts.Ilike the red. Hope you have a great day.....

Lavinia said...

The scent of basil......it always reminds me of church, as our church altar is packed with basil pots in summertime.

Your pots are just lovely!

Painted Pink Pot said...

Super cute. I think it makes a great gift. You have more and more ideas you need a Etsy Shop......

Anonymous said...

Very cute.... Your photography skills are looking good - all your pictures have nice color!

<3 Danielle

vintage girl at heart said...

How cute is this??? You are so creative!!! What a wonderful gift it will be. And inexpensive too.
Great for a Teahcer's gift.. maybe for the start of the school year even??!!

Cindy said...

What a thoughtful little gift. I love basil too....but alas, it never seems to make it through the summer with me. Love the touch of red gingham too.

cute.

c

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Those are just adorable! What wonderful gifts. I am a big basil fan...
Penny

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Hi Denise - I jus' love your lil' pots of Basil! So cute - the perfect gift - I do agree. Have a great weekend. Cathy

Julie said...

Oh. my. goodness!
These are just too adorable!
Red is my favorite color, gingham is my favorite "pattern" -- I'm just giddy here!!!!
Blessings,
Julie