Tuesday, June 17, 2008

For the Love of Pergolas

If I could do one thing to the outside of our house, I would add another pergola. They just add so much interest to a house. A pergola with a red brick patio underneath would just be too much to ask for, but I can dream can't I? I am working on the small pergola that we have. No, I am not building one just adding a little something. Our pergola is not painted white, how nice would that be? None of these pergolas are ours. I borrowed them from the Internet.



I do not even want a hot tub ,but if it meant another pergola, bring it on.





They say if you are going to dream, then dream big. This would be my dream back yard. The house is a bit big, but I guess if I had to take it I would. Does it come with a maid, because I can not imagine cleaning it. The window cleaning alone would be exhausting!



I love how they draped fabric over the roof for some much needed shade. It does not have a brick patio, so this one will just not do.










4 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, how I love pergolas, too!!!!
My husband and I've been talking about building one for years!
Then, when it came time to build one........ my husband says, "Well, we could really use a patio more than a pergola. With a pergola, we couldn't sit under it in the hot sun with virtually no shade or when it rains..."
UGH! Guess who won that? He was right, though! We love our patio and designed it with a pergola look. We added a corrugated metal roof between the slats for rain and sun protection.
But one day......I'm gonna get me a REAL pergola! You wanna come visit when I do?!
Blessings,
Julie

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful! There is nothing wrong for us to dream....becauuse it will soon come true....You have a great day...Kat

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your dream backyard is mine too! I would love a pergola, but our house style just does not warrent it...I would do a free standing one, but we don't have anyplace to do that either! Thanks for the wonderful wishful pictures...
Penny

Lavinia said...

Pergolas are so gracious and classical...they always look so cool and inviting to sit under. I like your ideals...