Thursday, June 26, 2008

Paper Roses

Tomorrow a dear friend celebrates her 50 th birthday! It also happens to be her 25 th wedding anniversary this week too. A group of us will be celebrating this weekend with dinner in Newport. It took three tries but I have found the right dress and shoes to match! Now hopefully the weather will cooperate. An evening in Newport, Rhode Island should be done with a light breeze off the ocean. No rain, please no rain. I would highly recommend Newport for a long weekend. I made a card and a paper wreath for Mary, I hope she likes them.







10 comments:

Deborah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah said...

Sorry about that first post. Beautiful cards. They remind me of the cards that my grandmother made with cloth and paper dutch doll patterns. My mother still uses them.

Lavinia said...

I think its safe to say she will love your beautiful creations.

These photos remind me, somehow, of all the decoupage I loved to do when my daughter was younger. I really enjoyed all that detailed cutting out. You're inspiring me to pick up the scissors again soon...

Have a great time at the party!

Cindy said...

These turned out lovely. I hope you will have a wonderful time.

c

and no rain.

: D

Debbie said...

Fantastic! Have a great weekend.
Debbie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Lovely card! I know she will love what you have made. Newport is beautiful in the summer. I really enjoyed it when I visited there.
Penny

tincanlily said...

Thanks for all the comments on my card, it did come out rather pretty! Sometimes things just come together...yesterday was one of those days! I wanted to make more, but time flew by today.

Anonymous said...

It's Beautiful! Hope you have a great weekends. No rain....send it down here...we need it bad. Have a good time. :)

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Love this card, I'll tell ya, your making me want to do some of this paper stuff. I do believe I could make a card, I think that is so sweet of you. Hugs, Rose

Julie said...

Of course, she'll love them! They're beautiful!
You have a great time -- that area always sounds so dreamy to me!
Blessings,
Julie