Sunday, June 22, 2008

Paper Wreath

This is my first attempt at making a paper wreath. The first time I saw a wreath like this was at Bittersweet Punkin a while ago. I did not have any instructions, so it was all trial and error. I took it apart a few times during the process but all it all it was quite easy to make. I am not too sure if I like the little green leaves I put on the side. They are glued on now and they are not coming off. I actually like the wreath very much. It has a vintage/garden feel. It has not found its permanent place in the house yet. I know I want to make more, now I just have to find the time! Smaller ones would make cute Christmas ornaments, don't you think?










10 comments:

Attic Clutter said...

Denise..that really is a cool wreath, great fun project.. glad you finished it and posted so soon..
ya Stars are a neat Country staple (:) hugs Patty

Julie said...

Oh, it's just lovely!
I like the green leaves you added!
I wouldn't change a thing!

They really would make beautiful ornaments! What a great idea!!!

Blessings,
Julie

BittersweetPunkin said...

I adore your version!! That is neat...they are super easy aren't they?? I have mine hanging in front of my fireplace and I just love it!!
I think I'm going to make another version for Christmas....perhaps with vintage Christmas papers...

Have a GREAT Day!!
Hugs,
Robin

Sugarplum Cottage said...

So cute Denise, must award you with the Paper Queen trophy. Your alway creating so many unique and beautiful things with paper. Hugs, RoseMarie

steviewren said...

That's cute. If you sprayed the paper yellow and used brown floral for the middle it would look like a giant sunflower.

tincanlily said...

I really did enjoy making this wreath, I would like to make more. I did think about using colored paper but the sunflower idea is something I might do. They may sell yellow ink pads...
denise

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

It is stunning!!! I really like it....Mary

Lavinia said...

Aha! So this is what you were up to.....very interesting and quite attractive, in a sophisticated country way. I would love to hang something like this on my door, and see endless possibilities in the variations. Buttons anyone? ha ha...they would look good---you can do anything with the centrepiece. The one you've chosen is quite striking. I like this sunburst!

Debbie said...

Very nice. I like the green leaves. Yes, it would look great as small Christmas ornaments, with red poinsettias. Have fun!
Debbie

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Love the wreath,There is so many ways you can create these.I like the leaves.Your inner self must have told you to add the leaves,that is why you could not remove them.It wanted them there.Hugs, Marie Antionette