Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sewing can be Fun

Last summer I got reacquainted with my sewing machine. In the past I would take it out to sew new valances or a pillow or two. Last summer however I started making fun things. It started with a hobo style handbag I made for myself from a Simplicity pattern. Then I started making the hobo bags for gifts. That led to making cute little accessories to go with the bags. It all kind of snowballed. Now I have a small box I keep all the extra fun things in. If I need a gift in a hurry I can always go there first.

You can see that one is a checkbook cover, now that I see it, I may just use it myself. There is a small purse that can be used to hold a gift card and a key chain with a a small pocket that can hold some emergency money. I have a feeling the sewing machine may be coming out again, soon.



9 comments:

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Girlfriend your on the ball! These are great, bet you could also put these in your etsy store. Love these colors. hugs, RoseMarie

Lorraine said...

I love the check book cover.I should start giving you my christmas orders now.I also like the other items to.Have a great day...........

Lavinia said...

Smart ideas. With all the little gidgets and gizmos that people carry around nowadays...the blackberries, cell phones, digital cameras, etc....cute and co ordinating cases are a very stylish idea.

Anonymous said...

Denise
Beautiful handmade treasure you madke.Love the checkbook cover...I bet you could take order and sell them. Hope you have a bless day. Ps...remember to leave my your address so I can send your prize you won. .

steviewren said...

Those are cute ideas for gifting. I was catching up on your other posts too. Your new table and chairs make a nice little nook to sit and have an iced cold drink. What a thoughtful Dad you have.

ps, I have been working on my ATCs but since I got a glimpse of yours I am a little intimidated!

Debbie said...

Love them. I would use the checkbook cover too. Good idea to have some stashed in a box for gifts. I'm always making something at the last second. Will you be putting some on ETSY?
Debbie

tincanlily said...

I am still working on ETSY....I just have to jump in...I have to have things just so before I take the plunge. It will be my work out there and I just want it all to be perfect. I think if I could concentrate on one thing it would be so much easier. I tend to jump from this to that. That is my ESTY story!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Those are cute! I have a love/hate relationship with my machine...I'm not a very patient person...LOL

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Hey Denise - I love those checkbook covers and keychains - how very cute!!!! Might have to call you up and order some of them - if you are game. Keep creating my friend - 'cause I dearly love your things! Cathy