Monday, June 30, 2008

Strawberries !

About a week ago I went strawberry picking with my niece, her daughters and a family friend. We had such a nice time and the strawberries were very tasty. Schartner Farms is a local farm that is known for their produce, plants, gift shop and pies.

These strawberries are long since gone. They were covered in chocolate, topped a pound cake and were mixed in club soda with mint, fresh of course.







I just love what they did with the tablecloth. I would love to duplicate that with a small table I have in the kitchen. They have such a nice gift area, it really inspires me whenever I stop by.



I am quite camera shy, but here I am picking a few strawberries. It was such a beautiful day. Just look at the bright blue sky.










6 comments:

Lavinia said...

Strawberries with club soda and mint? I've never heard of that but now I'm intrigued, and since I have planted some mint and club soda is about a dollar a can....I am going to try this. Do you just pour yourself a glass and drop in a mint leaf and garnish with strawberry or do you drop a strawberry or two in the glass for flavour?

I like that tablecloth treatment. That whole picture is beautiful, I just enlarged it to examine what exactly they did, and liked it so much that I made it by desktop wallpaper! Thanks LBTPF, your blog today was most educational...

Debbie said...

Strawberries are delish! I'm going to try the strawberry with mint and club soda also. It sounds very refreshing. The farm where you picked looks like a place to sit and enjoy a cup of tea. Fun times.
Debbie

tincanlily said...

To make the strawberry/ mint club soda I mash the strawberries and mint on the bottom of the glass so all the flavors mix together. You can add a little sugar or lime juice to taste. Make it your own! Enjoy! I think I am going to make one right now. It is a day to celebrate, I just rescued a chimpmunk from my pool. We have alot of chipmunks, this better not turn into an everyday thing!

savvycityfarmer said...

Good morning....meandered over here from a make do life.....of course those berries are gone...ya just can't stop eatin' em!

I used to pick when my kids were little.....on the sandy flatlands of mid Michigan!!!

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Hey Denise - those strawberries look so yummy and that lil' gift shop looks jus' like somethin' I'd love to. Oh, and I love you new backdrop - love that color green - how'd you do that? I've got to take the time to do some more neat stuff like to mine. Thanks for visiting - have a great evening! Cathy

Julie said...

Fresh strawberries! Yum!!!!
I just love strawberries, but hubby does not.......

Chocolate covered? On top of shortcake? I can't imagine what would be better!
And what fun that you got to go and pick them yourself! I've just got to try that one day!

Blessings,
Julie