Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Inspired Again !

A few weeks ago I was inspired by a blog that I have been visiting for about a year now, A Cottage Industry. It is one of the first blogs I ever went to on a daily basis. I would start my day wondering what she had made the night before and I still do. I have since added many favorites to my list and would be lost without checking in on them everyday. I have only commented on her blog twice and the last time was because I loved the banner she made. Her banners were very patriotic. I have since made a few banners, but mine have more of a garden theme. This is when I started tearing out pages from books that I was going to donate to a book drive. That led to the paper wreath, which led to the card. That is how it started...where it will finish I am not too sure. I was thinking about putting up two lace panels, but I like this much better!















7 comments:

Lavinia said...

How original, and just perfect! Goes so well with the items on the sill. You know, I've never seen anything like it. Who knows where your imagination will lead you! Actually I have a window that would suit this treatment.....hmmmmmmmm....you've got my creativity wheels churning...stay tuned!

Lavinia said...

I forgot to add, that is a very pretty view you've got out that window, and the fabric used for the valance is quite pretty too.

tincanlily said...

I was very inspired by the banners at A Cottage Industry. I hand stenciled mine and distressed them with a brown ink pad. I am not sure how she did hers. The view is all trees from the kitchen window. I wanted a vintage feel for the valance..I love the pom pom trim!

Becki said...

Your banner is inspiring. I feel so much better about all my old books that didn't sell in my garage sale. Maybe they are a pretty craft waiting to happen.

Thanks for sharing!

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Oh course you know I love these too. Just wanted you to know I tagged you for a meme. Stroll on over and see what it is all about.
Hugs, RoseMarie

steviewren said...

Denise, check out my blog later tonight. There will be an award for you over there.

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Hey Denise - you did such a great job on this - love the banner! You are one creative gal! You always inspire me! Have a great 4th of July! Cathy Cobblestone