Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mums the word!

I can not ignore the fact that some of the flowers I planted in the spring are starting to fade. Mums are out in full force in New England. I bought a bunch! I went to the shed and there was the shovel, I took it as a sign. I can never find the shovel when I need it! I bought a few shrubs too. Yes, these will be planted today! It is off to work! Did I mention it is warm here and the afternoon sun is right where I intend to work! The colors are so pretty!


4 comments:

Lallee said...

Those are so pretty. I love the mix of colors.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

How beautiful! I love mums...they are so cheerful and always remind me of fall and homecoming football games...
Hugs,
Penny

Anonymous said...

Don't you just lovvvvvvvvve MuMs!!! They are one of my FaVoRiTes. We raise them here at the shoppe along w/ other AuTuMn PLaNTs. I love to baby them and see them grow into big, round plants loaded w/ buds then w/ the buds start to pop... oh my!!!

Love your little owls...love the colors... they must be back.

Thank you dearly for taking the thyme to stop in for a visit w/ me... hope to see you again soon.

Blessings 2 you, Pamela

Lavinia said...

Yes, the flower shops are full of mums up here too. I haven't bought any yet...it seems that to do so is to admit "summer is over"...! (I'm just not there yet!)