Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pretty Papers!

Last Friday I bought some beautiful papers and large tags at a local store, The Christmas Tree Shop. It sells everything from greeting cards to beach chairs and so much more. The Christmas items are now only seasonal. Their catch phrase is "Don't you just love a bargain?" Well, of course I do! I have decided that bright colors especially yellow, reds and blues are the colors I like to use right now. I had to go back back yesterday and buy a few more packs of paper. The pack contains 18 pretty coordinated papers and a few flower cut outs. The packs were made for me! How could I refuse? I have already made a few projects from the papers. Here is a birthday card I made Sunday night.






7 comments:

Kelli said...

What a wonderful find! The paper makes gorgeous gift tags -they would rival any gift inside! ;)

steviewren said...

Your cards just keep getting more and more cute. I love the bright colors too. They are a reflection of the season.

tincanlily said...

The present that goes with the card is a lemonade stand. Not homemade, but store bought.
I know that my colors will change with the season. I am not looking forward to the change. I love summer!

cherry said...

Very cute..love your birdies. cherry

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Oh, I love that card! The colors are amazing in it...
Penny

Kim's Treasures said...

Sounds like a great store! Your tag is beautiful! I love these colors together!
Have a great day!
Kim

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Hey Miss Denise! So very sorry I haven't stopped by in a while - been extra busy around here. Would you consider making those cute tags to sell? I only have 2 clothespins left - wondered if you had any great ideas for fall and winter ones - I would love the tags for that time of year - they would make the cutest packages ever!!! You are so very talented. E-mail me with your thoughts! Have a great week! Cathy