Monday, September 29, 2008

Plates

With all the paper crafting I have been doing lately I have been neglecting my house. After I finish the projects I am working on I am going to concentrate on a bit of decorating. I thought I might share a few of the plates that I have around the house. Nothing special, but I love plates! Believe me, there are more but it is another rainy day here and it was a struggle to get these pictures. The plate above hangs in my dinning room . The brown plate hangs in my living room. I love the brown plate hanger, usually they are white or black.

The blue plate below is in the living room. I have two of them and they hang on either side of our fireplace. What I like about these plate hangers is that it is so easy to change the plates out for the seasons. I have Christmas plates that are waiting to make an appearance. Maybe this week I can look for a few Halloween plates, great idea!







8 comments:

Missy Wertz said...

I love your plate hangers. Where did you find them?

tincanlily said...

Melissa, I bought them at Linens and Things and TJ Maxx. It was a few years ago but I think they are still out there.

Missy Wertz said...

Duh! Those are easels! I am so stupid! I am having a senior moment. (Comes with being 50 in 4 months or having a 10 yr that sucks your brains out. Not sure which.) I have those all over the house and never thought of using them to hang plates with. Just saw photos of beautiful plate hangers and thought people had a special place to go get them and I just had not found it yet. Well, all of mine are in use, but you know what, the $$$ store carries them and Old time pottery barn... All for very good prices too!

Thanks so much!

Missy Wertz said...

I plan on going to both places later on this week. I will look for them. Thanks!

Lorilee said...

Beautiful plates and hangers. I love the idea of changing them out with the season!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Chery said...

Love your pretty plates!!
Chery:)

Kelli said...

These are lovely plates and hangers. Although I love the colour blue, the horse and carriage scene is really charming!

Lavinia said...

Your plates look great. Very nicely displayed. I love plates too. I especially treasure my Princess Diana plate. I think I may take a page out of your book and do a post on my decorative plates too!