Thursday, January 22, 2009

Card Holder

While searching for Valentine crafts I came across a cute idea, a Valentine card holder. It was a large heart about 10 inches, actually two hearts. One heart was cut in half and when glued to the full heart, made a pocket that could hold Valentine cards. This picture doesn't really show the pocket. The pocket is underneath the cream colored trim. I should of put a few cards in it! I plan to make another one or maybe two. I will post a picture with one full of cards!


I really liked adding all the little what- nots and do -dads to the heart. There is a fine line between too much and just right. I may have crossed the line, but I am sure I didn't break any laws doing so.


I didn't have any ribbon that was wide enough, so I folded pages from a book (shocking I know!), cut a decorative edge, punched a few holes and added white glitter. I love this off white trim, I may have to buy a few more yards next time I am a Jo Ann's.



There was just enough room here to add a bird.



Why not add one more thing? A heart on a clothespin couldn't hurt.







6 comments:

Jenni Renee said...

This is adorable! Found your blog randomly but had to tell you what I thought. Keep Smiling!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

This is so pretty!

Daphine said...

ADORABLE! I think I wanna come live with you awhile to learn some of your crafty talents. You're such an inspiration!

Happy Thursday!

Painted Pink Pot said...

Ok.............too cute. Your ideas are endless.

Kim's Treasures said...

I think you got it just right! I, agree, love the trim! I'm glad you didn't have ribbon wide enough, I really like the book page with the trim! Very pretty!!!

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Denise...
lovely stuff and the banner is so bright and pretty(:)
Love your Valetines and all the birdies.. just a delight to look at your blog..
thanks on coming over and the sweet words you left behind(:) hugs, Patty