Saturday, January 3, 2009

Moving On

It seems that without missing a beat, many bloggers have moved on from Christmas to Valentine's Day creations. I still have unpainted wooden snowmen, unpainted light bulbs, unglittered Christmas cards and a few other projects, yet to be finished. They are now in the basement. I want to finish them, but honestly I am all "Christmased Out". I spent part of New Year's Day looking for Valentine ideas on "the net". My other issue is that I like having a clean kitchen counter. It has been a "craft supply free zone " for over a week now. I do know that it is only a matter of time before pretty papers, scissors, glue sticks and buttons start to make their 2009 appearance. One more weekend of a clean counter maybe just what I need. As you can see I went out Friday and bought a few Valentine supplies, took a picture and put them back into the bags. A clean counter for a few more days, yes. Then, I have to start making things or I may have to stop blogging!

7 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

I am going to resolve to make more handmade items...and catch up on my scrapbooks and such. I am dreadfully behind.

Happy New Year!!
Blessings,
Robin

Attic Clutter said...

Denise.. thanks for the sweet words you left behind(:)
your blog looks oh so fun and cheerful.. I too love anything paper and am having fun getting into making some paper ornaments ..
I love your papersanta on the tree did you make him... very cute.. well Paris someday (:) yes would be so fun..~!!
hugs,Patty ..Happy 2009(:)

Unknown said...

I'm with you! I've started thinking about what to play with to make my house pretty. I actually took all my holiday stuff down today and put it away for next year. Happy New Year and thanks for dropping by!

Anonymous said...

Denise,
Hello my friend....Thanks forthe sweet comments. Love your new banner displays....looks like you been busy with your crafts. I got to get back to mine...been busy with Christmas,wedding,and family visiting,and New Year...Glad you are doing okay....sorry I haven't been by...will try to visit more. Happy New Year to You

Daphine said...

There's no way that I am even close to thinking that far just yet! I used to be that way...but I've gotten old! lol!

Shelley said...

I couldn't believe all the valentine displays out at all the stores already! But it has put me in the mood. I'm anxious to see what great creations you come up with!

Cindy said...

Yep, time to move on, ain't it! LOL. Actually I was Christmassed out about 3 weeks ago....and had started picking up val stuff here and there, but have not had the time to create. Hopefully later in the week.

c