Thursday, April 23, 2009

Whimsical Birds

A friend sent me this plant a few weeks ago, I am surprised that it is still green and growing. I don't have much luck with indoor plants.

On Monday I went to a local library where another friend works, she told me they do paper crafts classes. I thought I would go see what they had to offer. What I noticed when I walked in were all these pretty paper birds hanging from the ceiling. You know me and paper birds.

I just loved the tails and the wings. She told me they got the pattern from http://www.joann.com/ and they were very easy to make.


I made two the other night. I finished the first one and looked at it for a few minutes. Something was just not quite right. I stuck it in the pot and I was still thinking, this bird is okay, why did I want to make them so badly. Then I realized I did not make the tail. The tail is what makes them so whimsical. I see a few more in my future.


6 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Those are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love all your birds :)

steviewren said...

Hi Denise! I stayed late at work tonight so I could use the computer to check on all my favorite bloggers. I love the birdies and want to make some for myself. I just took a quick look around Joann's but didn't find the pattern. I'll come back later when I have more time and look more thoroughly.

Hope your weather gets more Springy soon. It was 88 here when I went to lunch today. This is our warmest day yet this Spring.

Anonymous said...

mom i like these birds a lot!
<3 Tarah

Anonymous said...

I would so very much like to have the pattern for the paper birds but cannot find it on joann.com. The page is outdated.

Can you help me?

Susan

Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores said...

Hello: I came across your lovely blog and this post. I noticed the comments and wanted to provide a direct link to the project to make it easy for your readers to find.

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat1793845&PRODID=prd1046953

Thank you!