Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. My family has been going to the same cook out for years, it is the unoffical start to summer. We will be going again this year. The grill will be lit, volleyball will be played and if we are lucky maybe the first campfire of the year. Memorial Day is meant to remember and honor US men and women who died while in the military service. I fly a flag all year round, I love this country. However, this year I will visit my brother's grave and place a flag there for him, because I know he also loved this country. I will put this little potted geranuim, too. I miss him everyday.




Thank you to all the men and women who serve and protect our country.




Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

steviewren said...

i hope you are having a fun filled Memorial Day. I've got no cookouts to attend today, but I am enjoying a day off work and some time to catch up on my favorite blogs.

Love your new red table. your deck must be so much fun to enjoy the backyard activities from.

Lavinia said...

What a sweet tribute. I like the stars and stripes heart.