Saturday, December 5, 2009

December Countdown Calendar

Last year was the first time I ever saw an advent calendar made from a cookie sheet. I really wanted to make one but never got around to it. This year it was on my list of things to make. My intention was to make six of them. That was my plan, until I started the first one. They are very time consuming and I have lots of other things to do, so I only made one. It is a cookie sheet I spray painted green and then sponged with a little white paint. Magnets keep the numbers from falling off the cookie sheet.

On Monday I showed it to my mother. She really liked it! So, needless to say I went out bought another cookie sheet and spent Monday night and Tuesday morning making her one. I brought it over Tuesday night. She loved it.
25 days until Christmas.

I always wish for peace!



I wish I would of starting making these earlier.
They are so cute, kids would love them.


Thanks for visiting!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks great on your blog and great hanging at home! thanks for making it :0)


<3 danielle

Unknown said...

I really wanted to make one just don't think I am going to get to it!

Your turned out great!

steviewren said...

Another great idea from you Denise. My grandkids would love this. I love this. Are you going to hang it anywhere or just prop it up?

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise:
I love looking at your blog and checking out all of your ideas. Wish we could get together and exchanging crafts. Have a wonderful Christmas and a better New Year than this last one.
Ilse
e-mail me: imoore20@sc.rr.com