Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I want cake !

Saturday night , I wanted a piece of cake! But, it was late and I am not the kind of person that is going to start baking at 9 o'clock. When I woke up Sunday morning I still wanted cake so I found the Paula Deen cake mix, my electric hand mixer, a large bowl and got to work. By the way, I usually just buy Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker cake mixes, but I saw this at Walgreens of all places and for $2.00 I thought I had to give it a try!
Let me just say that when I took the 2 - 9"pans out of the oven, I was a little disappointed that the cake was only a little over an inch high! Really? I was thinking it would be much higher than that! I left the pans to cool and I took a shower. All I could think about, was that I was going to write to Paula Deen and tell her about how I was feeling about this not so high rising cake .Then I thought, do people write letters! I mean with a stamp involved? Maybe, I would send an email! I figured I would just bake another cake and toss this cake into the garbage. After my shower. I decided that I should not judge this cake by what it looked like? Just because it is not perfect, should it get tossed? No, I decided to frost it!

Let me just say that I am so glad I gave it a second chance! The cake is one of the best "boxed cakes" I ever had. I had a piece for lunch! Then for a snack! Then just a sliver! Then another sliver, after we got home from the cook out! I had a piece for breakfast on Monday! I finally sent 1/2 of the cake to a friend! It had to be out of the house. Apparently my will power is on a vacation!
I have to remember to not judge a book by it's cover!

I am also thinking about writing a letter to Paula Deen, to tell her how good the cake tasted.

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

I am going to have to check our Walgreens. I can always count on you for a good cake or cupcake fix! YUMMMM!!! And I wonder why I still have 9 pounds hanging around the edges! LOL!

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Denise
I love your felt creations such darling colors and designs(:) Thanks on my birds and the macaroons are sinfully easy and delish..
1 can condensed milk
1 14.5 oz. bag of coconut
2 t. vanilla ..
mix it up with a spoon
drop spoonfuls on a
sprayed 'with pan'
cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minute @ 350.. yummy..
I will have to try Paula's cake mix I love her (:)
Me too on the red geraniums(~
hugs,Patty

Miss Debbie said...

Haven't seen her cake mixes....but her name and face is on just about everything else! ha! ha! Might have to give it a try. Saw her in person about a year ago in my hometown. She came to appear at a fund raiser for the Boys and Girls Clubs.She is really something!

Together We Save said...

Oh that cake looks yummy to me!!

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Denise..
I agree on 'enjoying the moment' and holding off on the Halloween cute stuff awhile longer(:)

Winter will come soon enough ~!!
hugs,Patty

Cindy said...

LOL! Your will power sounds like mine my fren. That cake would have been toast over here! LOL. And yes, I think you should write Paula, with a stamp even! :D

-c