Monday, July 25, 2011

Save your jars!

During my time off I still made a few things, not many, but a few things.
Well, I did make quite a few of these. I think I made about 30 of them in the past few weeks.. What are they you ask? They are tea light holders.
I have been saving all sorts of jars, that would of otherwise been recycled. My Mom helped, too. I might have even tossed out a few perfectly good pickles to get a few empty jars.
I always seem to have a few pieces of tissue paper.  I love the printed papers best.  Some of the department stores have nice tissue paper, especially at Christmas time. 
All you have to do is tear the tissue paper into pieces and I used  Mod Podge to glue the paper to the jars. Easy as pie. I have never made a pie, but this was easy.
After the jar was dry I covered it with a layer of glue and sprinkled a little glitter on top of it.  I tied a piece of jute string around the top and they were done.
They are really very easy to make. A great project for kids!
I have given them as gifts and everyone seems to like them. They look so pretty at night.
Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing such a great idea!

Smiles,
Carol

Miss Debbie said...

neat idea...and I like easy! :-)

Dawn said...

I want to do these with my grands!

When I taught art a few years ago...the tissue paper unit was my favorite. So many things you can do with it... makes instantly pretty art with kids.
:)

Kim's Treasures said...

These are really pretty! They'd be great for an evening bbq!

Hope you are having a great Monday! We are having a cool day! We were blessed over the weekend not to come home to a flooded apartment! There was 8.9 inches of rain Friday/Saturday and some people in the houses up the road had their basements flood to the ceilings! I cannot even imagine!


Have fun today!
Kim